Follow Us On...










​​​​Our Early Beginnings

On November 15, 1960, seven concerned Wall Township residents met to address the need for a second first aid squad in Wall Township. Al Shubeck, from Howell F.A.S., offered suggestions to Bill Hope, John Jupin, Bud Jackson, Richard Wyckoff, Art Krumm, Hank Jeck and Ray Arroyo. These volunteers became Wall Community First Aid Squad's first officers. A request to incorporate and be funded was directed to the township committee within thirty days. By January 1961, Tom Hawkins, Charles Leimer, and Bill Case had joined the founders and the fund raising began....


Suitably, on Valentine's Day 1961 the "Powder-Puff Crew," Eleanor Lukowitz, Laura Hallowell, Elinore Foege, and Gloria Hope became a vital part of the new squad. Our sister squad, Wall First Aid, loaned us $1000.00 to begin our search for equipment. The first ambulance was purchased from Howell First Aid for only $200.00. A donation of $100.00 from the Wall Kiwanis allowed WCFAS to purchase some first aid supplies. The Woman’s Club graciously donated a stretcher, and the linens came courtesy of The Sisters from St. Denis Church. 
Squad members hand-sanded and painted their first ambulance, which was housed at local businesses until a permanent location was available. The lot on Lakewood Road was donated by the Wall Township Committee and with a mortgage in hand the excavating began....


The first official call was the violent boiler explosion during bingo games at the West Belmar Fire Company. Our skills were put to the test!
The original building now houses two fully equipped ambulances, as well as a first responder vehicle. All are equipped with the latest medical technology currently available. The names and faces have changed over the years but the spirit of Wall Community First Aid Squad remains the same....